Monday, April 02, 2007

Blackout into the Wind

Regular readers will have noticed my lack of posting lately. I've got an excuse. After 35 years, Christy (my wife) retired from her day job. We had several days of festivities to celebrate her achievement. It was fun, but it left me exhausted. I had planned on going to the state fair crit on Sunday. When Sunday came, we were just too drained from the other activities to do anything productive.

Congrats to Bryan for winning the cat 4/5 race on Sunday. This comes after burning out on a breakout on Saturday. Oh, to be young again. A hard effort has me feeling it for days.

For the week I did a set of blackout intervals into the wind tonight, I'm planning on a fixie ride tomorrow (details with be forthcoming, and taverns will be a part of the fun), a group road ride on Wednesday (5:00) from Bike world, and 4 hours of endurance riding for each of the next four days (Friday through Monday). These will be some big hours for me, but I need it. If you want to take part in this sufferage, let me know.

The first IMBCS race is in two weeks, and it is a course that suits me (flat and technical). We'll see how it goes. Last year I laid back (it was my first IMBCS race) and I was sorry later. I'll be going flat-out this year.

No comments: