Monday, April 16, 2007

Sylvan Island

I don't have time for a full race report right now, but here is a short summary. I started fast to avoid the bottleneck at the single track. I found myself riding up with guys that I don't normally see during a race. Cool. But it didn't last very long. I proceeded to fade my way back to where I should be. Then I faded back back a few more spots. Hmm. Lesson learned? Be careful with your matches. Once you burn them, they are gone.

I will post a full report and some pictures later.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

weather looks AWESOME for wed night...LET'S ROLL!!!!!!!

Paul Varnum said...

Yup, yup, yup. I'm all over it. I'll post something and see if I can't get some others interested. Nice weather should bring them out in droves. See you Wednesday. Are you still OK with 5:00?

Anonymous said...

5 works perfectly for me :)

Anonymous said...

Paul, I am proud of you for having an aggresive attitude. You had a great game plan that was accurate as far as the bottle neck was concerned. YOU WILL GET THE RESULTS YOU ARE HOPING FOR!!! Nick

Paul Varnum said...

Nick,

Thanks for the kind words. You rode by me like I was standing still. I had a good plan, and a less than perfect execution. I was where I wanted to be on the first lap, but I didn't have the fitness to make it stick. It gives me something to think about on, and something the focus on. I tend to overthink things, so giving me something to focus on is a good thing.