Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Sylvan Island Photos

I've uploaded a bunch of pictures of the Expert race from this weekend at Sylvan Island here.

Most races I'm still out riding my bike during the expert race, so it's cool to be able to snap some pictures at this one. Here are a few of my favorites from this year. I'll also include a few of my favorites from last year's race.

This is Brian Eppen and Cam Kirkpatrick in the third lap. I love watching these two guys duke it out.


Jay Chesterman getting some air:



Andy Lueck had a great race. He rode with Brian and Cam for most of the race, and finished in third. He has really stepped it up this year. Here he is leading Cam and Brian through the chute.


Here is a picture of Pete Basso airing it out last year. I wonder if he still has a mountain bike? (Just kidding Pete - Bruce tells me you are doing really well in the Iowa Cup).


This is another picture from last year. I really like how this one turned out. Another lucky shot. I don't know who the rider is. I think he might be from Wisconsin.


If you want a full size copy of any of these (or anything from the Veishea race) let me know.

Wednesday Ride Alert
If you are looking for a fast road ride, Bryan and I are doing the Wednesday thing from Bike World at 5:00. All are invited. Don't worry about your slowness. If you are slow, I won't have to ride home alone.

2 comments:

Pete Basso said...

Matt - thanks for the pic, that is cool!! Yes, I'm still have a mtb bike and will be using it very soon. Can't wait to get out in the dirt again, the trails have finally dried up enough to enjoy them guilt free. Hope your knee is doing better!!

Paul Varnum said...

He Pete. I'm just messing with you. My knee is going great.

I figured you would like the picture. I've been going to send it to you, but somehow never got around to it.

I sent you an e-mail with the full version.