Saturday, April 14, 2007

Veishea Mountain Bike Race

I write this from a hotel room in the quad Cities. I’m on my way to my first mountain bike race of the season! WooHoo! All that sucky winter riding is about to pay dividends, or so I hope.

Earlier I went to the Veishea mountain bike race to help out/hang out with the Team 14 guys and others that were racing. I really had regrets regarding not racing, but I’m old, and I recover slow. It would not be good to lay it all out at a race like Veishea, only to fall flat the next day at Sylvan. By the way, I didn’t talk to anyone that was racing on both days.

Chris Maharry won the race in convincing fashion, and Andrew Carney made a monster move late in the race to close the gap to the lead group and pass Jeff Burnett for second place. Nice work Carney. It was fun to watch. Was that your first Expert race?

Here are a few pictures from Veishea, and I've got a little better write-up of the race here. If you would like better quality versions of the pictures, let me know.

Up for me tomorrow is Sylvan Island. I feel good. My bike is working good. It’s all good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.