Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Rain

Yuk. There is endless rain in the forecast for a few days:


Good thing I'm doing a little resting this week. Looks like the weather will clear up in time for those Trans-Iowa freaks to do their thing. The gravel will be hard-packed and super fast by the weekend. Mark also issued a warning yesterday. Be careful out there. I don't want to see any of my training buddies taken out by an occurance of late night hubris. Good luck guys.

The rain is also good for sprouting morels. Squirrel, you finding any in your neck of the woods?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paul, are you going to Decorah this weekend? I hate to miss it, but can't justify going that far by myself if someone else is going also. Long solo drive at $2.80/gallon. Anyone else heading to the big D? Talk to you later. Greg Travel Gravel!

Paul Varnum said...

I was thinking about it. I think Nick Wooley was also thinking about it. I wonder how much rain they got up there. Suppose it will have dried out up there by Sunday?

How long does it take to get there? What time would we need to leave? We also need to allow extra time for Trans-Iowa heckling!

Paul Varnum said...

Greg, I went out and tried to ride a few of the local trails tonight. Some of them are OK, and some of them near the river are impassable.

I think I'm going to race my road bike in Iowa City this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. I really can't make the race this year anyways. Second time since '92 I haven't been to it. It's that good of a race but not in the cards this year. Later, Greg

Anonymous said...

did you die? i sure hope not cuz it's not like you to not update

Paul Varnum said...

I'm old, but I'm not that old! Thank you for your concern (lol).

I've got a new job and it has been a serious time suck as I aclimate. I will update. This too shall pass.

For what it is worth, I am also out for the group ride tomorrow. I'm going to DM top look at a new MTB.

Also FWIW, my new motto for the season - "I'm just training for 'cross".