Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Roadie Ride



I went for a little road ride with Bryan Moritz and Andrew Carney after work tonight. Although I fell off the back a few times, they were gracious and pulled me back on. We did a loop out to McCallsburg and back. The roads were mostly flat, and the county has repaved a lot of the roads in that area, so everything is nice and smooth. Oh, did I mention the weather was near perfect?

Like I said, I struggled at first to keep up with the pace that the two of them were setting. That’s OK because I was expecting it. Then a funny thing happened. About 45 minutes into the ride, I not only was able to keep up, I even took a few short pulls on the front.

Maybe there’s hope for me yet.

4 comments:

Carney said...

Good ride tonight, riding on smooth pavment is a welcome change to rough gravel!

Paul Varnum said...

Yup, good riding. You going to be around any this summer? Bryan said something about finals coming up. That kind of snuck up fast. Seems like we just had snow last week. Oh, wait . . . we did.

Carney said...

Well, I will be here for parts of the summer. I cant seem to find that thing known as a "job". I am planning on heading out to Utah for a few weeks with my bro since he is living out there this summer, but I'll be around. I'm just planning on crusing and putting off "real life" as long as possible...and riding as much as I can.

Paul Varnum said...

What kind of job are you looking for?

You can have a job and still act like a kid. I've been doing it for 20+ years. I keep wondering if I'll grow up someday, but I doubt it.