Tuesday, May 29, 2007

RIP OP

A friend's blog died today. Other Paul's blog (don't bother clicking, it's a dead link now) has gone to blogger heaven.

He gave us a clue that this day was coming about a week ago. And then last night, he let us know that it was just a matter of time.

My words to him last night were (as close as I remember - my comments are gone also): Everything has a season. Most things things in life have a start, a middle, and an end. Wise people know when it is time for something to end. Foolish people drag things out far too long.

I've only met Other Paul a few times. Even though we live fairly close to each other (4 miles), I don't think I would have ever met him if it were not for the Internet. And I certainly got to know him better through our blogs.

Godspeed, "Other Paul". We'll see you in the real world.

5 comments:

B I D W E L L said...

They don't call him the counselor for nothin';) Blogland does a good
job of breaking the ice and allows some "alter-ego" to take place. Works good for those of us who are otherwise "the quiet type". While I found my blog to inspire lotsa activity for myself, it also conflicted with keeping a balance that I struggle with. Hopefully we will see some "resurrections" in the future!! Keep it up!

Paul Varnum said...

I hear you on the "Quiet Type" thing. Pre-blog, I owuld have never come up and introduced myself to you. Post-blog was a different story. I already knew you.

Blogging does get to be a bit of a time suck. Maybe I have to start asking the "Questions". Has Blogging ever interfered with your school or work? Have you found yourself hanging out with undesireables in order to blog? Do you ever use your blog to escape worries? Do you get cravings for your blog? Have you ever blogged in the morning? etc.

Hey! That gives me a great idea for a new post!

Paul said...

Paul, next time we are on a ride together I will explain the reason I decided to stop the blog.

Paul Varnum said...

Paul,

That's cool. I hope to ride with you soon. Greg Moore and I were within 4 blocks of your place on Sunday night, and I considered just dropping by, but thought better of it.

You don't have to justify removing your blog to me. I just didn't want your blog's passing to go unnoticed.

mr. f. g. superman said...

File me under "foolish".