Thursday, May 10, 2007

Ouch - An Update

Just got back from a hour on my single speed riding moderately hard on the local dirt. It felt great! Funny how I went from basically incapacitated on Monday to just very mild stiffness on Thursday. An amazing recovery if I say so myself. Its been ten years since I've had any serious back trouble. Back then it would take "old Paul" two weeks to recover from an episode like this. I'd like to attribute my quick recovery to being in a lot better shape than I was ten years ago.

While out on my ride tonight, I felt so good that I decided to give it a go on Sunday at Sockum Ridge. But on what bike? After last weekend, the Niner needs new brake pads, a new chain, and pretty much needs a complete going over. No time for that before Sunday. I've stolen enough parts from the Fuel that that would take some work to put it back together. I promised the 8500 to Keaton. They say sometimes the solution to your problem is right in front of you. In my case to solution was right beneath me. I'll be riding single speed this weekend.

See you on Sunday.

2 comments:

B I D W E L L said...

Good Luck this weekend and take it easy!

Paul Varnum said...

Thanks Bidwell. I've never had much luck taking it easy once the race starts. We'll see how it goes.