Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Nighttime Gravel

Greg Moore and I are planning a night time gravel ride on Sunday. Detailswill be forthcoming. I'll plan on leaving from the Ada Hayden north parking lot at 7ish or so. Let me know if yoiu are interested. As Greg puts it, "Not a hammerfest, just to crunch some gravel and stop for a beer or two at the turn."

That sounds like my kind of ride. Not to mention it is good training for the Boone 24.

BTW, the Boone 24 got a mention on Kerkove's blog today. I hope I didn't start any rumours with my reply to Cornbread.

9 comments:

mr. f. g. superman said...

I heard and have regurgitated the same thing. Came straight from Kyle and he's an Irwin's guy isn't he?

Jeff Kerkove said...

I received the info from Kyle as well...

Paul Varnum said...

Cool. 1000 bucks should draw a crowd!

Cornbread said...

That's a big purse. Sounds like fun.

Carney said...

Rent money!!!

mr. f. g. superman said...

OH IT'S ON!

Kidding. I'll be watchin the crazies duke it out, while I and a few buddies rock the one bike, one lap, one gear, one beer category.

Paul Varnum said...

Hmmm. Lets see. If I could get Grelk and Squirrel to check in here, I think that would cover the top six finishers in the Boone 24 solo all in one comment section.

Anonymous said...

Paul, Where do you want to meet up? I was hoping to ride up R avenue and come back on U or V, in Boone county. If you want to meet me at the blacktop in Jordan then we could go from there. I would need to know when you think you would be there so I can time my departure from home. Other ideas?

Paul Varnum said...

Greg -

Give me a call at 515-290-7789 and we'll work out the details.