Thursday, May 17, 2007

4 of 4



Today made the 4th day in a row that I have ridden my bike back and forth to work. In the mornings I've seen pheasants, wild turkey, deer, and a fox with a bird in it's mouth. The deer jumped out in front of me just after I put my camera away. The fox was also a little camera shy. He stared me down until I grabbed my camera, then he'd scamper just out of site. Rinse and repeat.

I can't do the ride to work thing tomorrow, because I've got other stuff going on after work. But it has been good to prove it to myself that is can be done. It is also a good to get two-a-day workouts four days in a row. It's almost like the spring training camps again. I've got eight hours of riding in for the week, and have all weekend left. And the gas guage in my truck has not moved since Sunday. But my grocery bill is a little higher than normal. I seem to be hungry all the time!

I'll be doing it again, and I won't wait until next year's "bike to work" week to do it.

No comments: