Monday, February 19, 2007

Noisy Knees

This is the face of a happy guy!

Notice the big smile on my face? I'm happy because I got to go ride my bike this afternoon! It was just a short ride (1 1/2 hours), but I felt great!

The afternoon started with a visit to x-ray and orthopedist. The x-rays looked good, and the doctor told me that my bones, clearance between bones, cartilage, and ligaments all looked great. What I have are noisy knees. What I have is pain, not injury. The combination of volleyball, weightlifting, and force weightlifting aggravated them to the point stopping me in my tracks. The doctor gave me clearance to ride.

Nine days off the bike seems to have gone a long way to fix that what ails me, both physically and mentally. Being forcibly separated from my passion has gone a long way towards re-ignited that passion within me. It may have been just the spark that I needed. Not to mention that I am extremely well rested and ready to do some raging intervals. That is, after I've spent a few days to re-acclimate to the bike.

This season is gonna rock!

2 comments:

Paul said...

Now that is what I want to hear!

I had that same smile on my face this morning!!!

Happy training Paul!

mr. f. g. superman said...

Welcome back.