Wednesday, February 07, 2007

For What its Worth

I had my annual physical this afternoon. There was he usual probing, prodding, and anal violation, but that was expected. What was unexpected were the results from my blood work. Two years ago my total Cholesterol was 225, HDL (good Cholesterol) was 76, and LDL (bad Cholesterol) was 128. One year ago total Cholesterol was 174, HDL was 66, and LDL was 93 (good to see results from hard work). Today's total Cholesterol was 174, HDL was 83, and LDL was 76. My doctor says he doesn't often see a man have an HDL number greater than an LDL number. I don't spend hours riding my bike to get these numbers, but they are a bonus.

In other news, I've had a hard time getting motivated lately. I rode for a 1/2 hour this evening, but that was it. That's not enough. I've got to get past that. I'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

Pete Basso said...

Paully - congrats on your improving health numbers. It's always nice to have another "win" especially in the off season. As for riding for 1/2 hour...I did the same thing last night. Just couldn't keep the motivation going and decided to do sit ups and stretching instead. Going to ride outside today though, it's warming up to 17 degrees!!

mr. f. g. superman said...

Motivation, what's that?

I opted out of going to a spin class last night and spent the evening sipping a couple choice glasses of red instead. Try not to feel guilty, because that's good for the health too, right?

Anonymous said...

Probably smart not to ride too far after the finger job earlier in the day from the Doc. Takes about 24 hours to pucker up after that experience and be able to sit on a bike securely. ;-]

Paul said...

Great news on the cholestrol. Also, funks are normal, trust me!

Carney said...

If you need some motivation just think how much of a pain it is training with a busted thumb!!...11 mode days...