Monday, February 19, 2007

My Apologies

If you enter “Bicycle Knee Pain Older” into Google (OK, I'll do it for you, my blog is now third on the list (this post will probably get me the top spot). That is a pretty good measure of the lameness (both literally and figuratively) that my blog has acquired lately.

And, as another measure of lameness, I can’t help but notice that my readership has dropped off in the last week or so. Do you suppose that me whining about my bum knee has something to do with the sudden lack of interest in my musings?

Its not that I live my life in such a way as to increase my click count, but it can be a useful tool. I like to think of myself as interesting, and that I have something to say. But I know what it is like to be around someone that is always complaining about their ailments. I know a few people like that, and I’m sure you do to. I don’t want to be that person in your life.

So, I apologize for the whining. From this point forward, you’ll hear no more. I’ll still give updates on my knee, but the whining is done.

Feel free to call me out on it.

4 comments:

Paul said...

You know Paul, sometimes just typing out how you are feelings about your pain can help. I vent far more on my blog than I do in everyday life. I guess I feel a blog is journal of sorts and there are people, obviously, that feel your pain and are probably going through the same types of things.

Don't worry in the slightest about the topics you write about. It is your blog and people can come and read it if they want. I, for one, keep coming back everyday. So, keep on writing.

I hope you are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

What the...?

Now you're whining about your whining? ;-)

Paul Varnum said...

Paul - Thanks for the encouragement. See my next post.

Anon/Greg? - Whining about whining - I hear you!

mr. f. g. superman said...

Whine on! I'll keep reading. We all need a good bitching once and a while for our ails and frustrations.