Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Suntan Weather

I started working on my tan today. It was a beautiful 75 degree day, and there was no good reason to stay at work.


I'm used to the conditions changing quickly this time of year, but I was suprised how fast things turned around.


10 days ago we had snow:



Last weekend we had total slop:


Today we had perfect gravel conditions:


I did about 2 hours of easy to moderate riding in shorts and a short sleved jersey.


After a long winter my legs have gotten a little furry. We'll take care of that soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was out today south of Ledges, going to the Iowa Arboretum. Saw a tallish guy riding about a half mile ahead so I gave chase thinking maybe it was you, wasn't. Met a guy though who had a RAGBRAI '75 patch on his shoulder. Proceeded to tell me about his ridig over the last year. Hit by a punk on Lincoln Way last year. Rider over top of car. bike smashed under. Crashed near Polk City last year on RAGBRAI, broke 5 ribs punctured lung, 5 day stay in hospital. Glad it wasn't you, but reminds us all to be careful. See you on the road! Might be able to do SOS! Later, Greg Moore Travel Gravel!

mr. f. g. superman said...

Don't you know hair works like dimples? It helps you glide through the wind.

Carl Buchanan said...

The furry legs of fury. :)

Paul Varnum said...

Greg - It wasn't me, but I was on RAGBRAI in 75. The statute of limitations has run out now, I should tell that story some time. I hear you about being careful. That's why I like riding gravel.

Ineb - Then how come golf balls aren't furry?

Carl - Welcome to my humble abode! Thanks for stopping by. I'm looking forward to the Camp Ingawanis race. It sounds like you guys have been busy up there.

Taugimba said...

The gravel is taking shape!
Looking forward to riding the gravel and getting back to Iowa.

Paul Varnum said...

Taugimba, welcome to my humble abode! The Iowa gravel is great right now. I did two hours tonight with no issues. Are you doing TransIowa?