Monday, March 12, 2007

Last Base Period

Today starts my last two-week base period. These two weeks will contain the most training hours on my schedule. So to kick of the two-week training block . . .

I took a day off.

I really needed a rest day after two pretty hard days of riding. Today was one of those days where I could feel the burn and fatigue after only two flights of stairs. I've come to use that as a measure of my level of fatigue. If I can feel it going up two flights of stairs, it's time for a day off. Thanks to recover-ease, I don't really have much muscle soreness, just fatigue that sets in really quickly. A day off will cure what ails me.

Even though my planned training hours in the next two weeks are big numbers (for me), I'm not really too worried about getting my hours in because the Team 14 off road training camp is this weekend. There will be plenty of riding done down south. If the weather cooperates, we might even get to do some dirt riding. Fingers crossed.

No comments: