Sunday, March 25, 2007

Much Respect

Much respect to Paul, Cory, and Alex for slugging it out on a 100+ mile gravel road sludgefest. I was laying in bed Satuday morning listening to the thunder, and thinking of them. After this ride, I hope they don't all sell their bikes!

I went out for a few hours on the road bike on Sunday. Wind was a factor.

I left early, and headed south hoping to get there before the wind picked up. On the way out I got a glimpse of what those TransIowa guys got yesterday.


OK, that was a "B" road, but I'll bet their roads weren't much better.

I rode into the wind to Polk county. I tried to do some tempo work into the wind, but it sucked. After that I turned around. I had a much better time getting some intensity going with the wind. Go figure.

This was on flat ground without working too hard. I like riding with the wind.







2 comments:

Paul said...

I wish you could have joined us Paul. You would have had a ball! Ok, maybe not! %^) I will say, both Cory and I said that we would have rather have ridden on Saturday than in the wind on Sunday! Great ride! I can't fathom riding into those winds.

That B road looks much like Trans Iowa V.2!

Paul Varnum said...

Believe it or not, I was toying with the idea of getting up on Saturday morning and doing to 70 miles loop with you guys. The thunder sealed the deal for me. I'm afraid it would have permenantly scarred me with regard to distance riding.