Friday, November 03, 2006

Fair to Partly Crappy

A really good weekend was followed by a somewhat crappy week. I started feeling a little sick the minute I got off the bike on Sunday, and went downhill from there. I guess that's what happens when you put out a hard effort on little to no conditioning.

Getting sick has also messed with my plans to do Matt and Cory's TABASCO ride tomorrow. Depending on how I feel, I may ride backwards on the route until I meet up with them, and ride for a while. At my best, I was iffy and doing 159 miles of gravel. I'm not at my best right now. Not even close.

On a bright note, I went to Rassy's on Thursday morning so Donny Quixote could do my preliminary fitting for the new bike. I'm pumped!

Although there's not been much new content (I've been sick - OK), the blog's been getting a workout. Both BikeIowa.com and Donny have linked to my blog. Those guys get some serious traffic! We mere mortals can only dream about getting that kind of viewage. OK lurkers, I know you're out there, I can hear you breathing. I'm buying another round of NyQuil. Who wants one?

No comments: