Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Be Thankful

Christy and I skipped out of work a little early this afternoon with the idea that we would go home and get ready for a houseful of people on Thanksgiving. As soon as I got out in the fresh air, any hope of getting work out out me before sundown disappeared. It was just too nice (again). Christy was nice enough to let me off the hook for a few hours so I could get a ride in.

Which bring me to my point. Find something for which you're thankful. For me it's not too hard. I've got a great wife, great kid, great family, great friends, great team, and great people to ride and race with. I am a lucky, lucky man and I am living a dream. It's easy to lose site of that sometimes. It's good that we have a day that causes us to think about stuff like that.

OK, enough with the serious stuff. I'm going to ride as much as I can during the long weekend. I'm going to try to get some barrier/cross practice in tomorrow, I might go to Boone on Friday, Cory and I are doing the another 50 miles of gravel on Saturday (meet at Ada Hayden north parking lost at 10:00 am Saturday if you are interested, but let me know, so we don't leave without you), and I'll be going to Jingle Cross to race the TriCross for the first time on Sunday. So much for a restful November.

Speaking of Cory, it sounds like he's rounded up a bunch of sponsors/schwag for his Macky Du benefit race next month (December 9th). Read more about here. I've also added a link to the right column. This race will raise money to buy bikes for underprivileged kids. No kid should be without a bike.

It's gonna be a great long weekend. Go ride your bike!

No comments: