Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Shorts in November

It was such a gorgeous day (80 degrees and sunny), that I skipped out of work early again to go for a 4 hour ride that included nearly everything that Story County has for a mountain biker. Cory joined me partway thought the ride. The pace really picks up when he's around.

Now, I'm exhausted. I barely have the strength to type. I don't think one Cliff bar was enough food for the ride. I came home and slumped into a catatonic state. When I came to, I was sitting in the dark. When Christy came home, she said, "Are you OK? You look like you're gonna puke." For the record, I didn't.

So far, it's been a great offseason. I got 12 hours of riding in during the past 5 days.

I think I'll go eat something now.

6 comments:

mr. f. g. superman said...

Good time.

I didn't realize Friday was a State Holiday, so you up for another dose of Story County's finest singletrack?

Paul Varnum said...

I can't on Friday. I'm going to Rassy's to get the final fitting done on my new bike. The weather forecast looks like we'll be getting a big, fat dose of November on Friday (Rain/Snow with a gusty NE wind). Saturday still looks OK though.

mr. f. g. superman said...

Good. I'm a bit sore from lifting+riding anyway. Weather's a better excuse to stay off the bike than me being a wimp.

mr. f. g. superman said...

Speaking of wimp...having second thoughts about a ride tomorrow being enjoyable/productive. Not sure we'd get anywhere in this muck.

Paul Varnum said...

I think it will be OK by morning. The roads were dry enough that I think it will soak right in. I'll give you a call in the morning after I check it out. Sound OK?

mr. f. g. superman said...

It was just so damn slushy out today cruising around town that I got to worrying about gravel conditions. Sure, call me.