Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Stealing Another Ride from Winter

It was a great late fall day. Temps were in the 60's, with clear skies and calm winds. Any time you can get out to ride in the dirt in November is a good day. If you can do it in shorts, that's a bonus!

Because of the time change, it gets darks real early, so the only way I was going to get some riding in was to skip out of work early. Done.

Geared up and ready to go. Even at mid-afternoon, the sun sits low in the sky.


We're only 6 weeks away from the shortest day of the year.

I've switched my Oakley Half Jackets to the G30 lenses. With the low sun, and the glare all during the day, they are perfect. I don't even know they are there. I've gotten rid of all my other sunglasses and only wear my Half Jackets.


I just rode around for fun for a couple of hours. It was great!. Nothing to worry about but getting home by dark. So I took some pictures.
A nice view of the river:



The beavers have been getting ready for Winter. Are you ready?


Another good view of the river:

I had to work hard for this shot. It's off the beaten path:

The shadows are getting long. Looks like it's time to head for home:



I made it before dark (just barely):



I got about two hours of riding in. For November, that's great. I plan on doing the same ride/same place tomorrow (temps will be in the 70s), if anybody is interested. I'll be riding in the afternoon. Contact me through the blog, or at 515-290-7789 if you are interested.
Oh, and for those of you scoring at home, I'm at 195 lbs this morning. 16 lbs to go.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures Paul. What's going on Sunday? Nick W.

Paul Varnum said...

Partly cloudy, with a high near 45. That's ridable. I'm in for ride. How about you?

mr. f. g. superman said...

I'd love to get in a ride this afternoon, but I unfortunately don't have the time.

Are you in for Saturday morn?

mr. f. g. superman said...

Or Sunday morn?