Saturday, November 11, 2006

Inuagural Voyage of the TriCross

Cory and I went on the first of many Saturday morning winter rides. These rides are intended to be slow, base building rides. We've been talking about it for a while, but something had always gotten in the way. Nothing could stop us this time, not even a little snow.


It was to be the first gravel ride for both our bikes; my new Tricross, and his LeTour fixie. The plan was to meet at Ada Hayden at 10:00. On my ride to Ada Hayden the gravel was perfect. It was just slightly moist and not a all sloppy.


I got to Ada Hayden a little early so I stopped to take a picture.:
Enjoy the bike cleanliness. It would not last. Oh, and don't tell Donny I put water bottle brackets on it. He says that "pussifies" a cross bike.


When Cory got there we took off to the north to Story City by way of Gilbert. The gravel continued to be in pretty good shape. Then we turned east into Story City and everything turned to slop. This picture doesn't do it justice, but that's because I was afraid to take a hand of the bars to snap a pic in the real slop.



As the temps got above freezing, the road continued to soften. In some places it was great, in some places, total slop. Oh well, we had fun.



My new bike is now officially broken in:



Don't worry. I washed it right after I took this picture. Oh, the new setup from Donny was great. There were no ill effects from the new saddle height in 2.5 hours of riding. I will attempt to transfer that fit to my other bikes (I now have six).

No comments: