Friday, November 24, 2006

Nice Weather is Gonna Wear Me Out

This nice weather is gonna wear me out. This time of year I hate to let a nice day go by without getting out and doing some riding, cause it could be a few months until the next nice day.

On the bright side, each nice day gets us one day closer to spring. In four short weeks the days will start getting longer.

I didn't ride at all yesterday (had a house full of people all day), but got out early on the MTB for a couple of hours of fun riding, then got the 'cross bike out after that for another hour of grass riding and barrier work. I found out that my HR jumps 10 BPM every time I do a set of barriers. After the riding was done, Keaton and I hung outdoor Christmas lights, and then cut and split firewood until dark.

Tomorrow I am planning on doing some morning gravel with Cory. I'm going to try to convince him to go easy on me, so I have something left for JingleCross on Sunday.

Noonan's blog had a description of the JingleCross course along with some video. It looks like the course has it all, sand, mud, fast descents, and evil run-ups. I just hope the rain stays away for the weekend. Some guys like 'cross in the mud. I wonder if I'm one of them?

1 comment:

mr. f. g. superman said...

Sorry. It completely slipped my mind until I saw your post at 10:29. Dammit! I'll get out sometime today.

Have fun Sunday.