Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Barrier Hopping Nonsense

Bryan and I are going to meet at the Ada Hayden north Shelter at 4:00 tomorrow. We're gonna be riding 'cross bikes on gravel to McFarland. At Mcfarland we're going to do some more of that barrier hopping nonsense. I've got to work on my form so that I can defend my 23rd place in the cat 4 ICCS standings this weekend at Spooky Cross!

All are welcome. You don't have to ride a 'cross bike to come with us, and we won't make fun of you if you ride around the barriers. OK, we might have a little fun with that.

Oh, one more thing. Remember this weekend when I told you to go ride your nbike in the nice weather? It gonna be cold tomorrow (high of 52 with gusty NW winds) so dress the part. Its time to drag out the winter riding gear.

4 comments:

mr. f. g. superman said...

Ahhh, winter riding gear. I'm afraid mine will get a bit mouldy sittin' dis-used. I'll miss the frost beards.

Paul Varnum said...

Hey Ineb! How is the great NW treating you?

Your winter riding gear will probably get mouldy from riding in the rain! From a few pics on your blog it looks like you've had to drag out the arm warmers an knicker already.

Later.

mr. f. g. superman said...

On a regular basis. 50-60 degrees with spotty showers or drizzle is a tad on the chilly side. I kinda prefer knee warmers in addition to the shorts, it feels a bit more modest...ya know, not so much leg. Rain gear is a must, though, no hot muggy showers here.

Everything is well. Adjusting to the riding, more technical mtbiking than I'm used to and a lot more road riding due to the absense of gravel. Not a bad thing, rode gravel to avoid traffic, out here you have a myriad of black top and chip-seal type roads weaving everywhere over the countryside to choose from, also with little traffic. I just don my mtbike shoes on the road bike to ensure there is no confusion as to where my heart is.

Paul Varnum said...

Ineb,

It must be a little bit of comfort knowing that, although it is rainy and cool, it will never get SNOWY and COLD, at least not for very long.

I was on a ride with Alex today. It was a bit cool, we had to break out some cold weather gear, and that caused us to reminisce about out some of our misadventures last winter. Good times.

Keep the down mittens dry. You never know when you will need them!