Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Much Better Now



Does this look like the face of a guy that is depressed? I didn't think so. It's funny. As soon as the weather cleared, so did my mood.

The next (and last) race for me is the Iowa State Cyclocross Championship in Newton this Sunday. I'll be there, but don't expect me to be competing for a title. I'm afraid that's not my thing. I'll be hanging out, racing my bike (as it were), and watching the next "Cross Out Crohn's" raffle winner walk off with all of the fame and fortune that the title carries. Its been a wonderful year for me, but I'm ready to hand over that sceptre to the next heir to the throne, whoever that might be.

See you all on Sunday - rain or shine!

5 comments:

Paul said...

That's more like it!

Carl Buchanan said...

Maybe you'll win the raffle again. LOL

bontrag said...

Have fun Paul. S'all that matters. I was thinking of going, but being busy with work/school, and not being able to win my money back, is pushing me the other way. Have a good time.

Paul Varnum said...

OP - Yup!

buchanandale - I bought a few tickets with the understanding that I was NOT winning the grand prize again. We'll see how that goes.

Bontrag -
If you are looking for a real ass kicking, there's always Jingle Cross. If you change your mind, let me know. You can ride with us.

Anonymous said...

hey, could i possibly hitch a ride to newton with you on sunday???? i seemed to have lost your email addy (i know, i lose it all the time) so if you could email me back thatd be swell

bry99_99 at yahoo dot com