Sunday, October 14, 2007

Wimp

wimp
–noun 1. a weak, ineffectual, timid person.
—Verb phrase 2. wimp out, a. to be or act like a wimp. b. to show timidity or cowardice; chicken out.

OK. I wimped out today and didn't go to the second day of Spooky Cross (more like Rainy Cross). I'm sitting here drinking coffee and watching rain of biblical proportions falling outside. The truck is loaded with bike and gear, but I'm not going anywhere. I've been in total slop races before, and they just aren't any fun. Total slop days are also expensive. There is no better way to fry a drivetrain.

I'm a wimp.

4 comments:

Carney said...

You have to be in a specific mindset to race hard in bad conditions, If it's not there it's just not there...and yes, racing in mud can get expensive!! There just isn't enough Pam in the stores to protect everything!!

Paul said...

You were the smart one today Paul! There certainly are better days to ride that is for sure. Like when it is -20! %^)

How do i get to my old stuff said...

lol. No kidding, paul. That's what I kept my mind on.... "it's gonna get worse, you might as well get used to it."

Paul Varnum said...

Carney -
I hear you on the mindset, and I didn't have it on Sunday.

OP -
If I'm so smart, how come I feel like such a wimp.

Sydney -
It was nice talking with you on Saturday! It looks like you had another good day on Sunday. Like Carney said, you need to have the right mindset or you are beaten before you start.