Sunday, January 21, 2007

Team 14 Ride

This weekend was the Team 14 Group Ride/Team Party. I took part in both events, but took no pictures at the party to protect the innocent.

The ride started out at Brian's place where we had a tire-changing clinic:

How many Team 14 guys does it take to change a tire?

Once we got Sean's tire changed, we were on our way. Thad Neil, Bruce Neil, Sean Meyer, Brian Farrell, Jeff Farrell, and Matt DenHarthog were in attendance. It was a good day (for January), with temps in the 20's, and not much wind. We rode from Brian's place to Booneville.


At Booneville we stopped at the local watering hole, where Thad gave us the low down on the CX Nationals.

After a feew beers, we're back on the road:

I love winter training. It's so laid back.
It was good to hang out with the Team 14 guys again. I am really looking forward to getting this season started. I'm also looking forward to doing some road racing, as that will be new for me. I felt good about the way I rode on Saturday. I felt stronger on the hills. I must be doing something right.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many beers did Thad have before he put on that miniature purple party hat with the red strap? Kidding! Sounds like you're still serious about the training, keep it up man! I'll have to stay in the Sport Open class to keep out of the way of you animalistic age class racers! Riding the high-bridge loop Tuesday come hell or high water! Later, Greg Moore "Travel Gravel"

Paul Varnum said...

Hey Greg. Funny how that hat appeared on Thad.

I'm probably going to race in the Sport Open class this year. I haven't decided for sure, and I need to run it by Thad. I don't really want to race in +45 Sport again, and I'm definitely not an Expert. That leaves Sport Open.

I suppose I could race single speed . .