Thursday, January 18, 2007

Riding Indoors

I won't be doing the normal gravel ride this weekend, because Team 14 is having a ride and team party in Des Moines this Saturday. It will be great to ride with and hang out with all of the guys again.

Not to much else to report, except that I've been doing a lot of roller riding. It's good for getting base miles in, but man is it boring. At least the rollers are a step less boring than a trainer. The fear of falling helps to keep my attention. I've been doing some spin-ups, some single leg stuff, and some plain old zone 2 endurance riding. I'm doing just enough to get my hours in. Some days I can ride the rollers for hours, and other days, I'm lucky to get 30 monutes in before I throw in the towel.

The cold and snow have forced me inside. I'll ride in cold, and I'll ride in the dark, but I really don't want to ride in the cold and the dark. Even on a cold day, sunshine just makes me feel better. Oh, well. The days are getting longer. It's staying light until almost 6:00. It won't be too long before I can ride after work in the daylight.

No comments: