Saturday, December 30, 2006

More Fixie Fun

I took the steamroller out for another 2 1/2 hours of gravel with Cory this morning. That makes for 7 1/2 hours of fixed gear riding in the last 4 days, and my legs can feel it. I feel both tired and stronger. Riding a fixed gear bike works your legs over in ways a geared bike doesn't. Thinks like back pressure and 130rpm cadence going down hills are hard to duplicate on a geared bike. There is also the challenge of never coasting. Never. If the bike is moving, my legs are moving.

I'm know I'm not telling you fixie freaks anything new, but it's all new to me, so I thought I would share.

Cory also has some mad Photoshop skills. Notice in this picture he made it appear as If I was not wearing a helmet. It has to be Photoshop, because I always wear a helmet. Always.

Apparently I've turned into a moron (or am trying to turn myself into a moron). I never noticed during the whole ride. Didn't even notice when I got home. It's one of those things that make you go "Hmmm". For now, I'll blame it on all of the other cold weather gear.

No comments: