Thursday, December 07, 2006

Free to Good Home

On Monday I announced that had given up on the Follis Fixie conversion. I offered it "Free to Good Home" as an afterthought, not expecting anyone to be interested. To my suprise, I got a reply to that post from someone named, of all things "Follis". We e-mailed back and forth, and I asked him how he found his way to my blog. Here is his reply (reprinted with permission):

"Thanks for writing back. I have been wanting a Follis bike for years being that I am a Follis. In 2003, I was stationed in Germany and went to Lyon, France where they are made. However they are custom made only and I, as a soldier, could not convince my wife that I needed a $1000.00 bike because it would be an heirloom. The way I found your blog started in 2004 while deployed to Iraq. Feeling death was imminent and that I would like the children to know about the Follis bicycle heritage in Europe, I created a Google alert for anything to do with "Follis and bike" hoping to find a bike. Until your site appeared in my inbox, I had no leads."

"Free to Good Home". Needless to say, I'm going to find a way to get the bike to him. We're working out the details.

1 comment:

mr. f. g. superman said...

Very cool!

Saturday morning we are planning to meet at the McFarland Conservation Center at 8am. You don't need to be there that early, but if you've nothing to do feel free.