Monday, December 11, 2006

Tagged

I got tagged by Cory tonight. This tagging thing is spreading like wildfire. This morning I hadn't heard of it, this evening, I'm it.

I'm not a big fan of Internet chain letters, but this is more about self-exploration. I guess the idea is to expose a little more of yourself than you normally do, and to let something out that you wouldn't normally say. Here goes:
  1. I plan to retire from my current job at age 55. I'm 47 now. I don't know what I will do after that.
  2. I would choose Mary Ann over Ginger.
  3. I move to a new hobby (obsession) about every 5 years. My current obsession is cycling/mountain biking/cyclocross (does that count as three separate hobbies?). I always think that this obsession is the "real thing" for me, but it never lasts. Some of my previous obsessions have included golf (several times), gardening, cooking, the Blues (I was in a band for a while), beer brewing, computers, online gaming, motocross, and stock trading.
  4. I've been married three times. The first two lasted four years each.
  5. I've lived in the same house, and had the same job for 23 years. At least something is consistent in my life.
  6. Family is very important to me. At times, I've lost sight of that. I think I've got it figured out now.

There. That was refreshing. I feel better.

Thad, Chris, Pete, Squirrel, Amanda, and Jane. If you read this, you are it.

2 comments:

Pete Basso said...

Paul - Hey I just saw your blog that tagged me. Sorry man, I've been on the road all week, (still am as a matter of fact). I apologize for the response.

Paul Varnum said...

No problem Pete. Sometimes when you throw a line out, it takes a while to get a nibble.