Monday, December 18, 2006

First Massage

After this weekend's activities, I was a little sore. Today was a recovery day. I mentioned that to Christy, and she suggested that I get a massage after work. She has been going to the local cosmetology school for massages for a while, and has encouraged me to do the same. Thad has also touted the benefits of massage. Somehow it just felt dirty having a hot chick lay her hands on me. I need to get past that.

Today I had my first massage. I was great! If you've never had one, treat yourself. Its not only treat, but it has real benefits, and aids in recovery. And at $25/hour, it's not that expensive.

As a random note, when standing on Mount Krump at JingleCross with 150 other nut jobs, umm, fans, I noticed that I didn't see one overweight person in the crowd. When was the last time you stood in a crowd of 150 Iowans, and didn't see an overweight person in the bunch? Try that experiment at Walmart.

Another random note. The Steamroller fixie project is coming along nicely. I might have some pictures this week.

As a final note, I weighed 194.8 lbs this morning. It's a major victory, breaking through resistance at 195. I've been hanging out in the 198-195 range for about 5 weeks (its hard to lose weight this time of year). In my experience, once you break through resistance, more droppage will follow. Lou has inspired me. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

mr. f. g. superman said...

I laugh at your third paragraph!

Also, congrats on the break-through.