Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Rest and Reflection

I'm resting this week, so you get a little bit about a lot of things:

The Iowa Games Mountain Sport Class Bike Race -

Third place (Bruce Reese) finished in 1:01:37, and eighth place (Shawn Looomis) finished in 1:03:11. For the math challenged, that's 94 seconds across 5 places. That's pretty fricking close. No wonder Bruce and I were pushing so hard the whole race. One bobble in a corner and I would have lost at least three places.

Chris Hansen and the Boone 24 -

Calling Chris Hansen. $1000 goes to the winner of the Boone 24. Have you considered doing it solo? We all know you can go without proper sleep. Besides, when was the last time you didn't win a race? Might as well enter a big one. FWIW, Christy has volunteered to swat beers out of your hand all night if that's what it takes. Let me know. We'll be there for you.

Four man Boone 12 Team -

Last year Sean, Thad, Rob and I did the 4-person 24 hours class at the Boone 24. We had fun, but decided that we could do better if we tried. We vowed to do so the following year, which is now. Last weekend, Rob and I hatched yet another evil plan for world domination. What if we had a 4-person team that went really hard in the 12 hour class? At midnight we are done. We can hang out and have fun afterwards. I talked to Kyle at the Iowa Games MTB Race and he says there will be such a class. I think we own it.

Levi Leipheimer -

Chrisy and I have played the Levi Leipheimer drinking game in the past. So far in this year's Tour, Levi has been pretty invisible. We are a couple of days behind, and that could change now that we are in the Alps, but we are a little thisty right now. Part of my success this Saturday was due to Levi's lack of success in the Tour so far.

No comments: