Friday, July 13, 2007

Iowa Games Pre-Ride

I pre-rode the Iowa Games mountain bike race course at Peterson's tonight.

Patrick did a good job of marking it.

You would have to be a moron to get off course.

Peterson's has some challenges that you see at most mountain biking venues.

Some single track:


A few rooty climbs.


And it also has a few challenges that you don't see at other mountain bike races in Iowa.

There's lots of this:
Several patches of Poison Ivy:
And sand:
Lots of sand:
Lots and lots of sand:
There is a good line through the section. I know cause some friends and I made it one Saturday at a work day. Can you see it? Will you see it tomorrow? I will.
The cool thing about Peterson's and the Iowa Games is that it has gotten a lot of people started in mountain bike racing in Iowa. I'm one of them, and I know of a few others like me.
I'll be a little late getting there tomorrow morning because I'm going to go support Christy at her first triathlon tomorrow morning at Don Williams lake over by Ogden.
Save me a parking spot!

No comments: