Saturday, December 29, 2007

Fear of Falling

With all of the ice on the gravel roads, I've developed a bit a fear of falling. I don't consider it an irrational fear, because the likely hood of falling on the ice is quite high. And the last time I fell off a bike things got broken.

But today was just too nice a day. I had to get out there!

We got some light snow. Believe it or not, snow on top of ice provided some pretty decent traction if you are careful.


In some spots the gravel was even showing through.


Pretty . . .


Oh, I also tried out me new secret weapon for winter ice and snow riding.


Studded snow tires! They worked great! They even provided grip on glare ice. I could start, stop. and even turn on pure ice. OK, they are not light, and they roll really, really slow. Oh well. This time of year isn't about going fast.

I'm going to try to ride with OP and Cory tomorrow morning. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: