Saturday, December 08, 2007

Renegade Cyclocross I

I went to Rob's Renegade Cyclocross this morning. I didn't go to race, but just to hang out with a few crazys that wanted to get out and ride. The course marking consisted of a shoveled path around the park. I didn't ride it, but the conditions looked suprisingly good! I didn't see anyone fall who was not taken out by someone else. More about that later.

There were some interesting bike choices.



Rob's the man.



Quite a few crazys out today.



Lots on interesting clothing choices also.







Somehow Kyle approriated Steve's bike. It looks like he's one bike over the legal limit.


Like being chased by a Yeti, only more frightening.


And the takedown.




Gumm brought his dog and his full face helmet.



It was plenty chilly out there.



Afterwards, Steve just wanted a nap.




Rob sez he'll do another one of these in a month. I'll be ready by then.

4 comments:

Travel Gravel said...

Varnum, if there was a short list of "must read posts" for this year this one is in my top three for sure! I can only imagine that it would have been a blast to be there in person. Good on ya! Later!

Paul Varnum said...

Greg -

It was a blast! A cold blast.

"Must read post"? Thanks, but I think you need to get out more.

As soon as this ice crap melts, we should get out and do some gravel.

Carl Buchanan said...

I agree with Greg!! Fantastic post Paul. Wish I could have made it down for the fun.

Paul Varnum said...

OK, I'll admit it. It's pretty damn funny to go back a read the next day. The picture of Kyle chasing Rob cracks me up everytime I look at it!