Monday, October 23, 2006

Riding for Fun

I went on a bike ride tonight. It had been a week since I had been on a bike. I can’t remember the last time I had gone seven days without riding a bike. It was time.

I didn’t wear a heart rate monitor, my bike didn’t have a computer, and I didn’t pay attention to what “zone” I was in. I just rode for fun. I went as fast, or as slow as I wanted to. I enjoyed the feel of the wind in my face, the crunch of the leaves under my wheels, and the burn in my legs. I have no idea how long I was out, or how far I went. I just rode for fun. I enjoyed the feel of sweat on my brow, the heave in my chest as I climbed a hill, and the drift of my wheels as I went around a fast corner. I just rode for fun.

2 comments:

Paul said...

And that is the way it should be!

B I D W E L L said...

Thats the best reason to ride I have yet to hear.