Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Nite Ridin' Report

Well, it almost worked out. Carney, Marc, myself, and a few others headed north through town and ended up at Ada Hayden, where we had to stop and fix a fixie (good thing we had a bike shop guy along). It was getting pretty dark, but we continued up Arrasmith trail. Carney and I were the only ones with lights, so we kinda herded the others along. We ended up in cul de sac hell. With this limited lights, we rode in cul de sac circles for a while. Several of the guys were on skinny tired fixies (not conducive to gravel), so we parted ways. I headed for home, and Carney was their beacon for the ride home. It was funny to watch them ride away. They were all like moths to his flame.

Tomorrow I am doing some 'cross bike gravel grinding with Bryan. We are leaving from the north shelter house at Ada Hayden at 4:00 and plan to be out for 2-3 hours. You are welcome to join us if you wish. And you don't have to be on a 'cross bike neither. Mountain bike, fixie, single speed, roadie, we don't care.

2 comments:

Carney said...

I'd love to do some gravel...but I have no more real races and there are $1 burgers and bottles on wednesday...choices choices

Paul Varnum said...

Where was that? Open Flame? There was free beer at my place (the beer we didn't drink last night 'cause of the skinny tires).