Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Why We Tuck and Roll.

Christy says I should put more pictures on my blog. Here’s one:

I had a little get off while riding at Boone with Dave yesterday, and, like an idiot, I stuck my hand out. This is the result. I don’t think anything is broken, but my middle two fingers got jammed pretty good, and are pretty swollen (my fingers are not usually this chubby).

Like I tell anyone that will listen, don’t stick you hand out when you fall! Tuck and roll is the way to go down. But it is easier said than done. Practice would help. Yeah, right - I’m gonna go practice falling.

Anyway, I finished the lap, and did another after that. It didn’t bother me too much, except during hard braking. After icing it today at work, I went out tonight for some active recovery with Keaton, and I barely noticed it, except during hard braking. Oh well. Dave says I should spend less time on the brakes anyway.

I'm back on track as far as my training goes. I've ridden for 5 days in a row now, with a nice mix of intensity, but not much endurance. I'll get pleny of that next weekend and at the Boone 24.

3 comments:

mr. f. g. superman said...

Is that finger normally shorter than the rest? By the way, good showing at the road race in Webster City.

Paul Varnum said...

My hand is looking better now. It’s tough taking a picture of your dominant hand. Try it some time. In that picture my hand does have a certain claw-like qualities. Claw ==>Crustacean ==> Seafood ==> I'm Hungry! That's what's happens at the end of a successful build period. I'm always hungry. I guess I’m doing something right.

Want to ride this weekend? Dirt, gravel, or road, it don’t matter. Early AM either day would be best for me.

mr. f. g. superman said...

Matt and I were planning on 50-60 on Saturday. Not sure the route yet or what time, but it sounds like it may be similar to what we did before towards Colo. I'll let you know.