Monday, August 21, 2006

24 Hour Training

I did some training for the Boone 24 hour race tonight. It consisted of having a couple of beers on the porch with Christy, and then, when it got good and dark, riding my bike out into the woods. It sounds nuts (try explaining it to the park ranger - which I had to do), but it really is a lot of fun.

I also spent part of then night installing new Thompson Goodies on several of my bikes. The Thompson stuff is some finely crafted aluminum. Sweet!

Another note from yesterday's road race. I was having so much fun after the race hanging out with the guys that I forgot my post race ritual of Endurox and Recover-Ease. Ouch! I could definitely feel a difference today.

My friend and coworker Cory successfully completed Guitar Ted's Death Ride Invitational. From accounts here, here, and here he did really well. I am lucky to be able to train with him.

No comments: