Thursday, August 03, 2006

Another Thursday Night

I did the Bike World group ride tonight. Cory was also there. We rode north into the wind. I took some pulls, and made a halfhearted attempt at a sprint, but I just didn't have any legs tonight.

I think I'm still feeling the effects of Sunday's suffer fest. I rested Monday, and it rained Tuesday, so I rested even harder. I rode easy at Peterson's yesterday, with a couple of hard efforts thrown in, and felt pretty good.

Today I thought the ride started out OK, but I ran out of gas. The group split at E-18, with some of the guys riding towards Pilot Mound, and Steve and BP turning back towards Ames. Cory and I debated for a second, but with both groups moving away from us, we had to decide. I convinced Cory to take the easy way and we caught back on with Steve and BP. We had fast ride with the wind, until Cory and I got dropped on a hill. That was a good thing, cause that gave us an excuse to stop on my brother-in-law's for a Stella's on the way back into town. Life is good.

The Iowa Games web site sez that the MTB race has been rescheduled for October 7th. Cam sez that "We are working on the possibility of an additional IMBCS event for the weekend of October 7. Stayed tuned for details." Could it be that the final IMBCS event would be in my back yard? That would be cool!

1 comment:

mr. f. g. superman said...

I thought I convinced you. Oh well, tired legs equalled a good beer, so we were the winners.

Nice blog by the way. You're faster already, I can feel it.