Saturday, July 15, 2006

Lets Get This Party Started

I've been putting this off blogging thing for a while. It seems like most of the people that I know that ride bikes (at least the fast ones) have blogs. Does blogging make you faster?

Because I have put this off for a while, some of the stories from the road have been lost. Others will be recalled as time permits. I'm sure the good stuff will surface over time.

The Iowa Games MTB race was postponed because of the rain on Monday and Thursday this week. Sadly, I rode the course at Peterson’s this afternoon and it was perfect. It was only wet in the usual places (North trail between East and West sides). I understand why they did what they did, because it was pretty sloppy on Friday morning. Aside from perfect trail conditions, it was 90+ degrees, and I drank 4 bottles in two hours, but I had the trails to myself.

While I was at Peterson’s, I also talked with one of the Park Rangers about putting in some trail work so I can earn extra IMBCS point. She was cool with that. I’m doing the work anyway. I might as well get credit for it. I’ve got some cool ideas for switchbacks up the rest area creek hill at Sopher’s, but I’ll probably start with some weed whacking down by Bear Creek.

Christy and I are going over to Boone to watch the Iowa Games Road Race tomorrow morning. We’ve been watching the tour non-stop since it started, and its sounds like fun to go watch a real road race (especially since I know several of the racers).

Best Tour joke of the day - The Discovery Channel team has had a change in sponsorship, to the History Channel.

No comments: