Sunday, July 23, 2006

Broke Seat Mountain

Went out yesterday on the 8500 at Peterson’s and broke another seat! It was an old Bontrager seat that I put on after the seat carnage weekend at Sockum Ridge (where I broke two Serfas seats in one weekend – good thing I had a spare bike, and the Andy was nice enough to let me use it). Does anybody have a good recommendation on a durable, lightweight, and cheap seat (I know, two out of three). I’m in the market for about three of them. I’m leaning towards WTB.

Today I drove up to Loomis park in Fort Dodge to pre-ride the course for next weekend. I stopped in Webster City to pick up teammates Nick and Aaron. We had had a great time and rode about 5-6 laps. It was good to go up and get the first lap jitters out of my system. By the end of the last lap we were flying much faster than when we started.

I’ve kind of lost track of where I am at with my training. At the beginning of the year I had scheduled a training peak for the NORBA state championship and Iowa Games. Those both turned into washouts (one was held in the mud and probably should not have been, one was cancelled and should not have been). I suppose I should regroup and start another build period and try to plan a peak for the Boone stage race in September.

I know I promised pictures of the Madone and the new Team Kits, but I’m tired, and the tour beckons (we are several days behind, so no spoilers).

No comments: