Friday, April 04, 2008

VEISHEA Go Time

Veishea is a GO! I rode the Peterson's trail tonight. Almost everything is in great condition! It is amazing how it recovered from yesterday's rain. However, there are two trouble spots. The first spot in on the east/west trail on the river side. There is about fifty yards of trail that was flooded when the river came up a couple of weeks ago. That spot was terrible on Wednesday, it looked almost ridable tonight (but I didn't try it), and I think it will be OK by tomorrow at noon. The second trouble spot is actually two spots. There are two trees down across the trail. One on the east side and one on the west side. I can think of ways to route around both of them if the Veishea people are interested in my help. I offered help, we'll see if they respond.
The word on the street is that Rob, Scott, Taylor, and Chris and all making an appearance at the race tomorrow. Hmm, I'm gonna have to work hard to stay out of last place!


Below are a few cool shadow pics for your enjoyment.

2 comments:

mr. f. g. superman said...

Dig the new profile pic. Rarely have I seen such a perfect illustration of "glee".

Paul Varnum said...

It was a perfect storm of events. New kits, riding on dirt for one on the first times of the year, good sun, and I've now taken enough self portraits that I've finally leared how to smile for the camera (at least sometimes).

It turned out good enough that I decided it was time to update the profile. Thanks for noticing.