Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Let's Get Dirty




I took my first ride in the dirt today, and it wasn't too bad! It had been a couple of days since it had rained, and usually that is enough for Peterson's. Today was no different. It was a little soft in spots because of the freezing/thawing, and I was a little soft from a long winter with too little riding. Oh, well. It will have to do.






It was great to get back in the dirt. I was also my first real chance to get the new kit out without covering it up with something else.

The river is up, and it has caused a little minor flooding in the usual low spots next to the river, but that is to be expected this time of year.
The trail between the east and west sides that is closest to the river is impassable because of this. All else was ridable, at least until it rains again.
And the beavers have been busy, causing me to work on my cyclocross dismounts. Nothing wrong with that.
The VEISHEA mountain bike race is going to be at Peterson's in three days. I'm as ready as I'm going to get.

5 comments:

BB said...

The outfit looks great, Paul. Those are cool shades you're sporting. What are they?

Looks like rain/ice/snow/slop is headed our way today. I guess the good news is that it will be followed by a nice Friday/Saturday/Sunday/Monday which should dry the dirt out again.

Give 'em heck on Saturday at the Pits. I hope you get at least a quorum to race against. ;-)

Paul said...

Nice kit! %^)

Awe man, I need to get out on the single track!

Going to the parents this weekend or I would be racing!

Paul Varnum said...

Bruce

Yup. They look good if I say so myself. I should have mentioned the Oakleys. I think that they are going to be my MTB racing glasses for this season. I took a pair of Half Jackets than I won last year paired with a set of clear XLJ lenses. So far they are working really well.

OP

You will get out on the single track with us soon, very soon.

Anonymous said...

Kits look great Paul, nice job. Have fun this weekend

Pete Basso

Paul Varnum said...

Pete -

I plan on having fun, cause it isn't about me winning races anymore.