Saturday, March 08, 2008

WIll Winter Ever End?

I'm starting to get the awful feeling that this really is the beginning of the next Ice Age. I keep looking nervously to the north expecting see glaciers looming on the horizon. Even with all that OP and I went out for a ride today.

He showed up at my place at 9:00 sharp on his Ibex.


It was a little brisk (10 degrees) but it was great to get out and just ride!



The plan was to do a couple of hours on gravel before the sun worked its magic and turned our wonderful gravel tundra into gravel soup.

As you can see, there's still a bunch of snow out here in the country. That snow will all turn into broth for the gravel soup one day soon.


Paul got a little bonky towards the end. I could tell because he couldn't hold my wheel anymore. And that never happens. I prolly shouldn't be smiling about it.


We stopped any my place where he got a gel and some water, got unbonked, and then was was on his way home.

Up for tomorrow I think I'm up for an ass whoopin'. I'm getting out the road bike for the first time since some time back is August (I guess I've been a little too focused on the dirt/cross/gravel/ice lately). Its going to be an ass whoopin' cause Moritz, Hansen, and Hoffman are going. It should be fun, if I survive. Note to self, take a cell phone.

No comments: