Thursday, June 21, 2007

Catchin Up (Again)

This is becoming habit forming. No time to post because there is lots of time to ride. Oh, well. I'd rather ride than write about riding any day.
Christy and I went down to check out the Des Moines triathalon for the afternoon pro races. Cool stuff.
Hot chicks on bikes. It doesn't get any better than this:
OK, maybe it does get better. They go slower when they running! We saw several of the women drop from the heat. The conditions were rough.
Here's somthing you don't see much of in the states. I'll bet these guys weren't from around here.
This guy won. He even looks fast in a still picture.
I've been waiting for a good result as an excuse to shave my legs this year. I'm afraid Green Days Crit will be as good as it gets. Oh, well.
Dedication to the sport:
Notice my lack of shaving skill. Notice also that my leg is still a little swollen from the crash at Lewis and Clark.
Christy and I hung out at the DM Tri with my sister and brother-in-law. Between races we ducked into a local tavern for a beer. It took a little while to realize that we were in a gay bar (not that there is anything wrong with that).
One of the things that I hear from my non-cycling friends about leg shaving? "That's so gay" (OK. my friends need some work).
It is interesting to note that, while in the gay bar, the only shaved legs I saw were my own.
Go figure.
Bruce Brown and I are taking about hitting up the trail at Boone-7 Oaks on Sunday morning in order to prepare for the race the next weekend. If you are interested, let me know. All are welcome.

5 comments:

mr. f. g. superman said...

I may be interested.

BB said...

I guess we will play it be ear in terms of trail conditions (due to a thunderstorm and tornado warning as I write this for Ogden and Boone). Provided things dry out on Saturday, what about 10:30am on Sunday? Is that too early/late to meet at 7 Oaks?

Paul Varnum said...

Ineb - Does 10:30 Sunday work for you? You want me to pick you up on the way?

Bruce - 10:30 will work just fine. We see how much rain we get. Boone got missed yesterday. Today they didn't. They got a little over two inches today. http://www.weather.gov/data/obhistory/KBNW.html

According to trail dying theory (1 inch per 24 hours) it should be OK by Sunday. We shall see. We can always ride the mud route.

mr. f. g. superman said...

I would go, but I left my Rush at the shop, so I'd be left with the singlespeed and I don't think 32x16 woud do it.

Have fun.

Carney said...

Night ride tomorrow....interested??