Saturday, May 10, 2008

Even My Wife . . .

This morning Christy said, "You really need to update your Blog!". When your wife tells you that you need to spend more time on the Internet, you know its getting bad.

OK. I get it. I think I'm back. I've been riding more, and racing some (if you can call what I do racing).

I went to Waverly last weekend. Great course. I sucked. That's what I get for falling out of shape.

Today I'm going to Boone for the 3/6 hour race with with OP. I haven't decided whether I'm doing the three hour race, or the six. I've only got about three Boone laps in me, so the three hour race would probably be the better choice.

We shall see.

4 comments:

BB said...

How did it go at Boone? I checked the radar and saw lots of green (rain) heading Boone's way, so I stayed in bed and skipped the event as Boone is tough enough for me in dry weather, let alone slippery.

Paul Varnum said...

I went to Boone, but my bike stayed in the truck. I just didn't feel like toasting my drive train. It was fun to watch a race for a change.

BB said...

I saw the pictures in your post from today which answered all of my doubts about not going yesterday.

I'm glad I didn't go with all of that goo on the bikes. That looks like new chain, cassette, brake pads and probably a few months of chasing down a squeak in the BB area. As if the price of gas to drive to Seven Oaks and the entry fee wasn't enough. '-)

At least I got the lawn mowed and did some gardening with the wife. I was able to go for an hour ride with my dogs at Lake Ahquabi which is just a mess from the ice storm of last December. Sticks everywhere. Enough to make a rear derailleur pucker in fear...

Paul Varnum said...

Bruce,

If I had a team bike and a mechanic, it would have been kind of a fun race to do. I don't, so chewing up good parts is no fun.