Sunday, May 11, 2008

Camera Dump

Time for a camera dump. Like I said, I've been riding some, just not blogging about it.

When the weather and my schedule will allow it, I've been riding to work. Its about a 50 minute ride each way, and I try to stretch it out going home, so that I get 2-2 1/2 hours in.



Its pretty calm most mornings.


That's the way I like it. Cars over there, me over here.


Some time I take a detour, and hit up some single track on the way home. And sometimes I have company.



Single track on a fixie. It can be done, but it does increase the potential for having a "fixie moment".


I raced at Ingawanis a week ago. I sucked. A least it was dry.


Hansen rockin in the MOB kit at Ingawanis.


I also got a little boo-boo at Ingawanis.



I went to the Boone marathon race yesterday with the intention of racing, but it started to rain on the way over there. Boone mostly sucks when it's wet. They shortened up the course, and shortened up the time (2 hour and 4 hour class). twelve hearty folks line up at the start. I still left my bike in the truck. I didn't really feel like replacing my whole drive train again.


Quick, everybody hide your hands.


At the pre-race meeting, everyone was thinking, "This is gonna suck."


A few dirty pictures.




Everyone is a winner at Boone. Even Kyle and Robin's dog, Maddie,



What do you really think, Robin?


Bruce Resse eventually broke a chain that ended his day. He finished third in the 4 hour class.



David "Show me the Money" MacRunnel


My old Rig, now being abused by Taylor Webb. I kid. He's really pimped that thing out.


"You want me to do ANOTHER lap?" Mike Johnson took second place in the four hour class, and was nipping at Carney's heels for most of the race. He also gets the award for the bike that stayed the cleanest. He says Pledge is his secret weapon.


Taylor web does his best "Mark Spitz" impersonation. He won the 2 hour class.


And Andrew Carney won the 4 hour class by pounding out lap after lap. Colorado has agreed with him. He was riding strong! I'm afraid his winning days are over. He starts work at a real job in a week, and will be back to stuggling to find riding time like the rest of us.

5 comments:

Webbies said...

Pimpin' isn't easy, but that's a what I do

Carney said...

I may not have as much time to ride, but at least I can replace things when they break instead of elaborate usage of duct tape and glue!!

Thanks for the jersey again! I tried to avoid the mud to keep it clean!

Paul Varnum said...

Webbies,

"It hard out here for a pimp!"

Carney,

After that race, you're goona need more than duct tape and glue.

You did the team proud. The jersey cleaned up suprisingly well. I'm glad Christy knows about such things.

Kristin and Bruce said...

Nice talking to you on sat. You got some good pics as well. I may have to borrow one or two for my new blog if you don't mind. Thanks.
Bruce

Paul Varnum said...

Bruce -

Borrow any pics that you want. I was fun wathcing a race for a change. I wouldn't want to make a habit of it, but it was a nice change.