Thursday, February 28, 2008

Its All Downhill

I'm on top of the world, literally.

Check out my new Oakley O Frames ski googles. They rock! They have a huge field of vision, and just the right amount of shading.

Today was our first day of skiing. We had a blast.


It sure would be nice if they would move Copper Mountain closer to Ames.


In the afternoon Dan and I hit some of the bowls.



Here I am in the afternoon, still on top of the world.

It got warm enough in the afternoon that I switched out googles for Oakley Half Jackets with polarized lenses. The also rock! The polarized lenses took all of the glare out, and the lenses worked great in both full sun and dark shade.

I took some video with a helmet cam. Maybe I'll post it later. But I didn't mount the cam on my helmet. I just held it, so the vidoe is a little shaky. If you get motion sickness, don't watch!

2 comments:

Carney said...

mmmm...Copper...the best tree skiing I've ever found!!! If you're staying at the base you should check out the cantina for dinner!! Also, their terrain park is super sweet...if you like flying that is!!

Paul Varnum said...

Carney,

I've been keeping an eye out for 'cause I knew you were a regular here. I mostly try to stay out of the trees, and the bowls, and the chutes - all of the stuff you like.

We're staying in the East Village, so that's walking distance to the Cantina. We'll keep it in mind.

The boys love the terrain stuff. Me, not so much.