Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Andrew Carney Mountain Ride


We're hosting an Andrew Carney Mountain Ride on Sunday at 10 AM. No, we won't be riding in the mountains, but Andrew is leaving us for the mountains. I can't blame him. It's pretty out there. Not to mention the snow, the skiing, and THE MOUNTAINS.

So anyway, we'll be leaving from the Ada Hayden north shelter at about 10:00 am on Sunday. Route is yet to be determined, and distance is yet to be deteremined. If we ride hard enough and long enough, there may be beers at my place on the way home.

Let me know if you'll be there, so we don't leave without you.

11 comments:

Paul said...

I will be there!

Carney said...

I'm in

Paul Varnum said...

Great! See you then.

Anyone else?

Unknown said...

Family is in town or I'd make the journey.

Peace

Paul Varnum said...

Squirrel

Ah, come on. It ain't no hundy or anything like that. Just a little icy gravel. We'd have you home early.

Anonymous said...

im thinkin of showin up...depends on how inebriated i get sat night...if im not there by 10:05 im prolly passed out in the gutters of ames
~bryan

Paul Varnum said...

Titties -

Cool. Riding gravel is way better than riding a trainer. Need shoe covers? I got a pair I loan to you.

bontrag said...

Does anyone know how many snot rockets you can blow in one period of time before you start doing permanent damage? 50, 60, 100? I'd probly be in that range tomorrow if I went. I get a bad cold it seems, once every other year.

On the other hand, it might be kinda fun ridin a bike loaded up on Dayquil:)

Carney said...

According to the label you could ride a bike...just no operating farm equipment.

bontrag said...

Ah, that makes sense. I bet it doesn't say anything about whether that bike is a brakeless fixed gear though!:) I'll try to get out there, but if I don't show up right on time don't wait up.

Emily said...

tool.